Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A THRIFTING SHE DID GO



I went treasure hunting on June 3rd.

My stops included Salvation Army, Arc Value Village, Rewear Warehouse, St. Vincent de Paul, Lincoln Thrift and Saver's.

This picture--well, it's not really a picture but rather needlework behind glass--was purchased at S.A. for $7.00 (with a 30% off coupon).

It was dusty, smeared with sticker stick-um and stuck behind several '80's-type monstrosities, yet it "spoke" to me and its message was loud and clear.

"YOU LIKE ME!" "YOU WANT ME!" "YOU WILL BUY ME!"

So I did. And I am glad I did, for it is more than pretty and looking at it brings about a sense of calm.

The colors are muted hues of green and pink, with an intense POP of fuchsia in the center of each flower. The little bird is serene and charming. She is gazing far-off in search of the unknown. What was that she heard? A prowling cat, perhaps?

Looking at it makes me feel like I'm in a bamboo jungle on the edge of a deserted beach. Filtered light, cool ocean breezes, the pounding of the surf.

No cares, no worries, no concerns.

Funny how one person's cast-off becomes another's great prize.

I think my $7.00 was well spent.

1 comment:

  1. Well spent, indeed! I like it too. Will it hang in Ladybug Cottage?

    ReplyDelete